Podcasts can be a great way to pass the time as a med student, and we have put together a list of 10 podcasts that will educate, inspire and aid in your years in medical school. There are plenty more podcasts out there and we recommend if you haven’t got into any yet you have a search on spotify and find a genre that sparks your interest! All the podcasts below can be found on spotify.
- “The Zero to Finals Medical Revision Podcast” by Thomas Watchman
Finding any topics really difficult to understand whilst revising? This podcast breaks down common medical finals topics to help you improve your knowledge and understanding.
2. “The Anxiety Podcast” by Tim JP Collins
Are you feeling overwhelmed and anxious with exams and deadlines? A great podcast to unpick common anxiety topics
3. “The Doctor’s Kitchen Podcast” by Dr Rupy Aujla
A great podcast that helps you understand the fundamentals of eating well and gives you the skills to advise your future patients holistically!
4. “Just a Medical Student Podcast” by Tinaye Mapako
A fun podcast that goes through topics in a eay-to-understand way!
5. “Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations” by Oprah
This is a bit of a personal one, I love this podcast as Oprah interviews top leaders in the world to understand how they live their life on a day-to-day basis. A great one to improve your mindset in times of stress.
6. “The College Info Geek Podcast: Study Tips & Advice for Students”
A podcast to help you understand tips on life as a student such as getting out of debt, procrastination and general study tips
7. “Meditation Minis Podcast” by Chel Hamilton
A peaceful way to drift off to sleep after a long day on firms with this meditation podcast series.
8. “Feel Better, Live More” with Dr Rangan Chatterjee
A doctor that simplifies ways to stay healthy- inspiring and empowering tips for yourself and your patients!
9. “The Happy Doc” by Taylor Brana DO
A podcast that is run by a medical student to understand how to have a happy and fulfilling career in medicine
10. “Ways to Change the World” by Channel 4 News
A discussion on topical news with Channel 4 journalists and guests to explore big ideas influencing how we think, act and live.