We’re in search of remarkable graduates to help us pioneer new ways to meet the world’s demand for energy.
Shell is one of the world’s leading energy companies. We are involved with or leading some of the most challenging, complex, innovative, and technologically advanced engineering projects that have ever been undertaken, in some of the most hostile and remote regions of the world.
The Shell graduate programme lasts from 2-5 years and is designed to shape future leaders. You can expect challenging roles from day one, continuous professional development through coaching and mentoring, as well as numerous world-class training courses to develop you in your chosen role.
Civil Engineering at Shell
Civil Engineering in Shell covers a broad range of areas which include design and fabrication of offshore and onshore structures, support to assets and projects, as well as research and development of new technology and techniques to deliver our work more safely. We offer one of the most diverse portfolios of projects and locations a Civil engineer could possible work on, with some of the most complex engineering challenges, and we’re looking for remarkable graduates to take our work forward.
Opportunities for Civil Engineers at Shell:
- Penultimate year students; 10-12 week paid summer assessed internships. Offer of a graduate role will be made if successful.
- Final year students; graduate roles available. The assessment route will be through a Shell Recruitment Day.
When applying all roles are open, but it is recommended that application is made to Discipline Engineering which includes the Civil, Structural, and Offshore groups. Opportunities are mostly available in the Netherlands, although Aberdeen, Brunei, Bangalore, Malaysia, and Houston are also possible locations dependent on nationality, work restrictions, and availablility.
Consolidated Contractors Company
Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) is an international contracting company, building some of the most challenging and complex facilities. CCC is by far the largest Engineering, Procurement and Construction Company in the Middle East and has been rated by the ENR among the Top 25 International Contractors for 2014. CCC currently employs over 135,000 people in 40 countries across 5 continents.
CCC provides Engineering, Procuement, and Construction (EPC) in a range of areas:
- Industrial ,petrochemical, power, and desalination plants.
- Renewable energy and water treatment facilities.
- Airports, bridges, highways, mass transit, harbours, and docks.
- Oil & gas including pipelines.
- Infrastructure works and networks.
Robert Bird Group
Robert Bird Group is a global structural, civil and specialist construction engineering consultancy with offices in Australia, the United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates, and South East Asia.
Our vision 'Delivering Engineering Excellence to the Best Clients in the World' provides direction for our organisation and our people. Our clients are ‘world class’ in what they do and continue to innovate and change to meet the changing business environment. Our vision is to innovate and change in partnership with them.
- With 15 offices and hubs globally, we are able to service international projects and clients worldwide.
- Our people are key to achieving business success. As a service organisation the strength of our leadership, and the skill and motivation of our people is crucial to achieving this success. Therefore training and talent management are a key priority.
- Since 1982, Robert Bird Group has developed a diverse project portfolio that extends over numerous industry and government sectors globally. We have built a reputation for expertise in the engineering of complex structural projects including high rise and waterfront developments, prestigious public buildings, heritage listed developments, urban regeneration projects, health, education, sporting facilities, major retail developments, mining & resources, transportation infrastructure, power and renewable energy resources.
Our Group is committed to environmentally sustainable design and we have completed an extensive portfolio of environmentally sustainable rated projects. These projects include 6 Star Green Star rated buildings in Australia and Breeam rated projects in the UK. We are currently working on numerous LEED Gold and Platinum projects internationally.