We've been nominated!
Posted on by Remi B Pelletier
Yes, you read that right: we've been nominated by the National Undergraduate Employability Awards as a top-ten University Society in the UK!
What's the Best University Society NUE Award?
In the NUE's own words, "This award celebrates societies who have a real passion for supporting their members with employability skills.". Out of the huge number of societies and clubs present in UK universities, we have been selected within the top 10!
What does this nomination mean to us?
It rewards CivSoc's hard work to help our members engage with professionals, discover the different fields of civil engineering and secure that special internship, graduate role or job they're looking for!
We're achieving this by running:
- the yearly CivSoc Careers Fair,
- Shell Day, with its technical talk, application workshop, CV Clinic, and networking session,
- industry talks: this year so far with Ramboll, Hawkins/Brown Architects, AECOM, Metis Consultants and Vinci,
- site visits to 101 George Street - world's tallest modular construction - and to Chiswick Park Footbridge by Expedition Engineering,
- the first Negotiation Masterclass to instill essential soft skills
- university visit and site visits during our yearly International Tour!
- and more next term!
Want us to organise an event or have an idea? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!