Industry Talk on Pedestrian Dynamics
- 27 February 2020
- 12:00pm — 1:00pm
- Skempton Room 201
The presentation will:
• Provide a recap of expected evacuee response to building fires. This will build on the work already included in the course.
• Describe several real-life incidents where evacuee response has been a factor in the outcome.
• Identify different approaches to modelling evacuee performance.
• Describe examples of modelling applications - both by the presenters and others
• Provide a brief insight into the day-in-the-life of practitioners involved in modelling evacuee and pedestrian performance.
The speakers are:
Dr. Steve Gwynne - Research Lead at Movement Strategies, UK. He has worked in evacuation and pedestrian dynamics for nearly 25 years, adopting academic, consultant and government roles in the UK, US and Canada.
Jake Hamer - Constultant at Movement Strategies, UK
Lauren Cherryman - Senior Consultant at Movement Strategies, UK